Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Druss the Legend (Another Barbarian Dude)

posted by Hddvh
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen!

Today I'm going to share with you my newest project: The Barbarian Dude. Yep, another one on this blog as P1per is painting one too. We both will compete against each other to see who's able to achieve the better result. Just for fun, but it's always nice to have something that pushes you further.

I'll call this my "Druss-Project". Druss is a Barbarian Legend, created by David Gamnell. He wrote several great fantasy novels which are all worth a read! Find out more right here.

So, here's my current progress:


Wait, what? A Cape? YES :)

As you can see I made a minor conversion, hiding his back full of muscles on muscles with even more muscles under a fur cape:



For those interested in how I sculpted the fur here's my way of doing that. 3 easy steps to repeat till completion:

Step 1: Adding a sausage of milliput



Step 2: Using a tool with a thin edge to form the putty into a rough fur-like shape



Step 3: Smooth everthing, bend single hairs of the fur and get a nice transition to the previous line.




No comments:

Post a Comment